Teams (left to right): Insider's Guide to East Bay Birding, Peninsula Plovers, Varied Twitchers
Note: Teams will update as team leaders confirm trips, so make sure to check back in for further details on your teams or to find new teams to participate in as Birdathon continues!
- • 24-hour Teams (Any team over 4 hours is in this category. Teams in this category can choose how they want to look for birds - biking, hiking, running, etc.! Some teams even include owling...)
- • 4-hour Teams (0-4 hours of fast birding fun! Teams in this category can also choose how they look for birds.)
- • Big-Sit Teams (0-4 hours; perfect for those who want to do some relaxing bird watching.)
- • 24-hour Photography Teams (4-24 hours of photographing birds.)
- • 4-hour Photography (0-4 hours of photographing birds.)
• Persistent Picidaes with Lisa Myers; date and time TBD
This 24-hour counting team will start at McClellan ranch and stay close to that part of the county.
• Rock Wrens with Bob Hirt on Sunday, April 15; time TBD
We start at Page Mill and 1-280 listening for owls, carpool and end up there at day's end after a full SC Valley loop route. We hope for 140 species for the day and to be one of the top fundraising teams again. We are always looking for energetic and generous birding team members.
• Varied Twitchers with Mike Rogers on Saturday, April 28; time TBD
This is a high intensity day with one of the Bay Area's premier birders, Mike Rogers. Start your day early with owling and continue until sunset. This team has a history of seeing a huge number of species (160+) so join this team today and become part of the legend!
• Stevens Creek Ultrabirders with Steve Patt; date and time TBD
Details coming soon!
• Mean Green Birding Machines with Rob Furrow; Saturday, April 21
Go green and go mean! This whirlwind bayside biking adventure starts by Crittenden Marsh and heads over to Charleston Slough, encompassing a surprising array of habitats. The MGBM will bike roughly 10 miles at a moderate pace. It's not about speed, it's about enthusiasm for the birds! High-performance road bikes are not recommended for these trails - use your own judgement. 80+ species.
• Tax-on-o-me with Ralph Schardt; date and time TBD
This team includes all beginning birders, especially families with children. This team starts at McClellan Ranch and will head over to the Bay for 4 hours of fun, easy birding.
• Birds2Chocolate with Ralph Schardt; date and time TBD