Nature Shop & Library
Friday, call office for current hours at (408) 252-3747
at McClellan Ranch Preserve
We welcome you to please stop by our Nature Shop and Library located at McClellan Ranch Preserve in Cupertino. While you are there, exercise your birding skills on a walk along the preserve's interpretive trail.
Our Nature Shop stocks a variety of nature-related merchandise. All proceeds from sales support the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society.
Our merchandise includes
- • Breeding Bird Atlas of Santa Clara County - A species-by-species account of the 177 bird species that breed in the Santa Clara County. Includes an illustration, in-depth description, and detailed breeding map for each breeding bird species. 550 pages. Published by SCVAS in 2007.
- • Birding at the Bottom of the Bay - Revised Third Edition published by SCVAS in 2002.
- • Field Guides - A selection of bird guides and other nature guides, both domestic and international. We can help pick out a guide to fit your
- • Bird feeders - Squirrel-proof models (see our article about bird feeders) and models for specific species of birds. Plus the best bird seed and peanuts.
- • Bird houses - Commercially built models plus literature and books on building your own.
- • For kids - Story books, coloring books, and field guides. Plus stuffed animals and puppets.
- • Gifts - We have something special for someone who has everything!
- • Clothing - T-shirts, sweatshirts, long-sleeved denim shirts, jackets, and more! Some are embroidered with our logo.
The SCVAS Library contains over 1,300 donated books related to birds and birding, plus many current bird-related periodicals. The library also contains files of bird site checklists. We encourage members to check-out books, including birding guides to take on domestic and international vacations. This is a valuable resource for birders who don't want to purchase a guide for every new place they visit!
Book donations are happily accepted.