Nature Shop & Library
Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm
at McClellan Ranch Preserve
Please stop by our Nature Shop and Library located at our headquarters at McClellan Ranch Preserve in Cupertino. While you are there, exercise your birding skills on a walk along the preserve's interpretive trail.
Our Nature Shop stocks a variety of nature-related merchandise. All proceeds from sales support the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society.
Our merchandise includes
- • Breeding Bird Atlas of Santa Clara County - A species-by-species account of the 177 bird species that breed in the Santa Clara County. Includes an illustration, in-depth description, and detailed breeding map for each breeding bird species. 550 pages. Published by SCVAS in 2007.
- • Birding at the Bottom of the Bay - Revised Third Edition published by SCVAS in 2002.
- • Field Guides - A selection of bird guides and other nature guides, both domestic and international. We can help pick out a guide to fit your
- • Bird feeders - Squirrel-proof models (see our article about bird feeders) and models for specific species of birds. Plus the best bird seed and peanuts.
- • Bird houses - Commercially built models plus literature and books on building your own.
- • For kids - Story books, coloring books, and field guides. Plus stuffed animals and puppets.
- • Gifts - We have something special for someone who has everything!
- • Clothing - T-shirts, sweatshirts, long-sleeved denim shirts, jackets, and more! Some are embroidered with our logo.
The SCVAS Library contains over 1,300 donated books related to birds and birding, plus many current bird-related periodicals. The library also contains files of bird site checklists. We encourage members to check-out books, including birding guides to take on domestic and international vacations. This is a valuable resource for birders who don't want to purchase a guide for every new place they visit!
Book donations are happily accepted.