Young Audubon Program
Through our Young Audubon program, we engage children and their families in nature explorations outside of the school setting. Parents can join Young Audubon on behalf of their kids and family to receive announcements about our field trips, hands-on workshops, and events for kids and families. Activities include birding field trips, whale watching, creek explorations, and Wildlife Education Day, our annual fall festival. You can even schedule a guided birding field trip for your own small group!
Please contact our Programs Coordinator at (408) 252-3740 or by email@example.com if you have any questions or want more information.
Join Young Audubon
Fill out this form to start receiving Young Audubon announcements.
Last modified November 2011.
Upcoming Events at SCVAS
Saturday August 30, 10:30AM-1:30PM.
Summer Whale Watching with Young Audubon
Observe some of nature's most magnificent creatures - possibilities include California Grey, Humpback and maybe even Blue Whales - during the peak of their northern migration!
Saturday October 18, 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
23rd Annual Wildlife Education Day
Families are invited to join SCVAS and over a dozen other environmental organizations to celebrate nature and wildlife.
Saturday October 18, 8:00 - 10:00 AM
"Early Bird" Shorebird walk - for families and children
As a part of our 23rd Annual Wildlife Education Day, come join us on this kids-and-families field trip to explore the wonders of the San Francisco Bay Lands.
What's New at SCVAS
Santa Clara County FRMP Information: If you're a teacher or administrator from a school in Santa Clara County trying to figure out whether you quality for the Science by Nature Transportation Funding, please look up your district and school on the School FRMP Information from 2013/2014.
Young Audubon Whale Watching in Monterey: We're getting excited about our Young Audubon Whale Watching trip on Saturday, August 30th with Chris' Whale Watching in Monterey!
If you've already signed up for the activity, below are some important forms and documents you'll need to read before Saturday. If you haven't already signed up, there may still be a few spaces left - please call the SCVAS office at 408-252-3740.
1) Whale Trip Guidelines - how to get there, what time to arrive (VERY important!), what to bring, and where to meet.
2) Whale Trip Waiver Form - must be filled in and turned in for each participant before boarding the boat. An explanation of this form can be found here
3) Binocular Request Information - please read if your group is interested in borrowing binoculars for the activity. Requests must be received by 4pm on August 29th.
4) Monterey Species Checklist - a fun list provided by Chris' Whale Watching for help keeping your eyes sharp!
5) California Grey Whales - brush up on your whale info before the trip and wow your friends with your expertise!