Nature Shop and Library
Please stop by our Nature Shop and Library located in our headquarters at McClellan Ranch Preserve in Cupertino. While you are there, why not take a walk on the interpretive trail through the preserve?
Nature Shop and Library
Monday to Friday, 10 am to 5 pm
Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm
at McClellan Ranch Preserve
Our Nature Shop stocks lots of nature-related merchandise. All proceeds from our Nature Shop support the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society . For any orders or questions please call us at (408) 252-3747.
Our merchandise includes
- Breeding Bird Atlas of Santa Clara County - A species-by-species account of the 177 bird species that breed in the Santa Clara County. Includes an illustration, in-depth description, and detailed breeding map for each breeding bird species. 550 pages. Published by SCVAS in 2007. Buy online.
- Birding at the Bottom of the Bay - Revised Third Edition published by SCVAS in 2002. Buy online.
- Field Guids - a selection of bird quides and other nature guides, both domestic and international. We can help pick out a guide that fits your needs.
- Bird feeders - including squirrel-proof models (see our article about bird feeders) and models for specific species of birds. Plus the best bird seed and peanuts.
- Bird houses - commercially built models plus literature and books on building your own.
- For kids - story books, coloring books, and field guides. Plus stuffed animals and puppets.
- Gifts - we will have something special for someone who has everything!
- Clothing - T-shirts, sweatshirts, long-sleeved denim shirts, jackets, and more! Some are embroidered with our logo.
- Tote bags - go green with our cloth shopping bags!
The SCVAS Library contains over 1,300 donated books related to birds and birding, plus we subscribe to many bird-related periodicals. The library also contains files of bird site checklists. We encourage members to check-out books, including birding guides to take on domestic and international vacations. This is a valuable resource for birders who don't want to purchase a guide for every new place they visit!
Book donations are greatfully accepted.
Updated May 2009
What's New at SCVAS
Important McClellan Ranch Construction Update: To all of our members, visitors and customers: Please be advised that both the main parking lot and walkways at McClellan Ranch Preserve will be undergoing major repairs through the end of August. While the SCVAS office will remain open during this period (except for August 12th through 18th, when the nature shop will be closed), it may be difficult to get into the front office safely. If you do come to the Ranch, please be aware of the following:
1) Access to the parking lot is severely limited, and we strongly recommend that everyone park in the overflow lot at 22241 McClellan Rd and walk over the bridge.
2) The walkways and steps leading up to the main office and nature shop may be inaccessible at various times throughout the month.
If you wish to purchase items from our Nature Shop, and would have a hard time navigating the unstable surfaces of the paths, please call Cindy at 408-252-3747 - she would be more than happy to ring you up over the phone and bring the items to your car in the overflow lot. We apologize for the inconvenience!
How to Volunteer for SCVAS
Fill out our Volunteer Sign-up form or contact our Programs Coordinator at (408) 252-3740 or at email@example.com.
Check out our most pressing needs, plus our list of individual and committee opportunities.
Become a volunteer for conservation.
View our volunteer calendar.
Donating Benefits our Communities
Your tax-deductible donation allows SCVAS to increase the number of youngsters, many from low income families, that we reach with our local science education programs. Your donation dollars also support our many conservation efforts that make us one of the most effective conservation organizations in the Bay Area. We have many different ways that you can volunteer and donate.